How To File A Complaint
NBASLPA is committed to protecting public safety by ensuring that our members meet registration requirements, maintain continuing competency, and practice according to accepted standards. It is unlawful to practice audiology or speech-language pathology in New Brunswick without being registered with NBASLPA.
Check our Find a Professional link to verify that an audiologist or speech-language pathologist is a registered member in good standing with NBASLPA. If you do not find the name you are searching for, please contact NBASLPA at 1-866-455-9642 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have concerns about the care received from an audiologist or a speech-language pathologist in New Brunswick, you may file a complaint with NBASLPA. Once a written complaint has been received, NBASLPA will contact you to gather further information.
Complaints may be submitted by:
- a patient/client or a member of their family
- a member or former member of NBASLPA
- another health care professional
- an employer, and/or
- a member of the public
The complaint must:
- be received in writing by NBASLPA
- be signed
- include the name and contact information of the person making the complaint
- contain the name of the person against whom the complaint is being made, and
- include a brief summary of the complaint/concerns
A formal complaint must be submitted in writing. To file a formal complaint complete the form provided below.
Please contact NBASLPA if you require further information about the complaint process.