Labour Mobility Applicants
Membership Application for Labour Mobility Applicants
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the New Brunswick Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (NBASLPA). In the province of New Brunswick, an individual must hold a certificate of registration with NBASLPA prior to starting work as a speech-language pathologist or audiologist. It is an offence under the Act Incorporating The New Brunswick Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists and An Act Respecting Health Professionals to practice or identify yourself as a speech-language pathologist or audiologist in New Brunswick without being registered with NBASLPA.
Speech-language pathologists or audiologists who are in good standing in another regulated jurisdiction in Canada may apply to NBASLPA as a Labour Mobility Applicant under the Canadian Free Trade Agreement.
Please read the instructions listed below before beginning your application with NBASLPA as it will explain how to apply and what documents are required. Payment of applicable fees is not required until documents are uploaded so it is advisable to begin this process early as it may take time to complete or obtain all required documents. After documents and payment are submitted, the average turnaround time is 2 weeks.
Your application will only be considered once all documents are received. The following items are required to process your application.
- A completed Labour Mobility Application Form. All required information must be included.
- Verification of registration in good standing from all current Canadian regulatory bodies. Forms must be sent directly from the regulator to NBASLPA.
- Criminal records check including Vulnerable Sector Check. Form must be original, notarized, and within 6 months of issue. Upon your request, NBASLPA can provide a letter for you to submit to the police. Form must be mailed to NBASLPA (PO Box 23113, Moncton, NB E1A 6S8). We will make a copy and return the original to you. A police-issued password-protected PDF is also acceptable.
- Evidence of patient care or relevant work in current jurisdiction. Letters from current and previous employers listing job title and dates of employment as verification of clinical practice or relevant work in speech-language pathology or audiology during the three years immediately preceding the date on which NBASLPA received your application. Letters must be sent directly from the employer to NBASLPA.
- Proof of identity by submitting a copy of a passport or other government-issued photo identification showing current legal name.
- Permanent Residency in Canada or Canadian Work Permit if proof of Canadian Citizenship has not been provided by a copy of a valid passport.
- Proof of current personal professional liability insurance (PLI) with a minimum amount of $2,000,000. Proof of PLI must contain the applicant’s name, profession and a statement verifying that it is valid in the province of New Brunswick and valid for in-person and/or virtual professional practice.
- A non-refundable application processing fee of $200. This fee must accompany your application for registration and is applicable whether your application for registration is accepted, rejected/denied or incomplete. Please send payment by e-transfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A membership activation fee of $300. This fee is applicable each time a new membership is activated and will only be charged in the event your application for registration is approved.
- An annual membership fee of $500 for full membership ($250 after August 31) or $300 ($150 after August 31) for non-practicing membership. This fee will only be applied when your application for registration is approved.
- Once membership has been approved, a completed Database Form must be submitted. This form is required for government purposes and will be provided to you by the NBASLPA office.
Updated August 2021