Labour Mobility Applicants
Membership Application for Labour Mobility Applicants
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the New Brunswick Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (NBASLPA). In the province of New Brunswick, an individual must hold a certificate of registration with NBASLPA prior to starting work as a speech-language pathologist or audiologist. It is an offence under the Act Incorporating The New Brunswick Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists and An Act Respecting Health Professionals to practice or identify yourself as an audiologist or speech-language pathologist in New Brunswick without being registered with NBASLPA.
Audiologists or speech-language pathologists who have met all the requirements for full registration in another regulated jurisdiction in Canada may apply to NBASLPA as a Labour Mobility Applicant under the Canada Free Trade Agreement. Labour mobility applicants do not have to submit documents of academic coursework or clinical hours to NBASLPA if these are on file in another regulated jurisdiction.
The following items are required to process your application. Please take time to review the requirements for registration carefully, and ensure your application is complete and accurate. Your application will not be considered until all required documents are received.
- A completed Labour Mobility Application Form. All required information must be included.
- Verification of registration in good standing from all current and all previous Canadian regulatory bodies. Registrants with conditions, limitations or restrictions on any current registration do not meet the definition of good standing. Forms must be sent directly from the regulator to NBASLPA.
- A photocopy of your Master’s degree diploma.
- Proof of meeting the National Language Proficiency Standard in French and/or English. Please contact the NBASLPA Registrar at email@example.com with any questions regarding language proficiency requirements.
- Proof of 750 clinical practice hours in the three years immediately preceding the date of application.
- Effective April 1, 2020, successful completion of the Canadian Entry-to-Practice Exam for Audiologists/Speech-Language Pathologists (CETP Exam – AUD/SLP).
- Proof of professional liability insurance in the amount of $2,000,000.
- Proof of identification in the form of a copy of a valid passport identification page or other valid photo identification showing current legal name and issued by the federal or a provincial/territorial government of Canada.
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency in Canada or Canadian Work Permit.
- A non-refundable application processing fee of $200. This fee must accompany your application for registration and is applicable whether your application for registration is accepted, rejected/denied or incomplete. Please provide a separate cheque for this fee.
- A membership activation fee of $300. This fee is applicable each time a new membership is activated and will only be charged in the event your application for registration is approved.
- An annual membership fee of $450 for full membership ($225 after August 31) or $270 for non-practicing membership. This fee will only be applied when your application for registration is approved.
- Once membership has been approved, a completed Database Form. This form is required for government purposes, and will be provided to you by the NBASLPA office.
Revised March 2019