Speech and Hearing Month
Speech & Hearing Month
May is Speech and Hearing month! NBASLPA invites you to celebrate with us by considering the importance of communication in your daily life and by encouraging awareness of issues related to speech, language, swallowing, hearing, and balance. Speech-language pathologists and audiologists can help you find ways to improve communication and quality of life for yourself and your loved ones. To find a speech-language pathologist or audiologist in your area, please click here.
Feel free to look through the resources listed below for information, posters, pamphlets, videos, activities, and more. Happy Speech and Hearing Month!
For more information about our national partners Speech and Hearing Month Campaign please visit https://www.sac-oac.ca/news-
American Speech and Hearing Association:
Please feel free to visit Audiology Patient Education Handouts - Audiology Information Series (asha.org) and Age-Related Hearing Loss (asha.org) for a variety of handouts you can use with patients.
You may also be interested in viewing the following resources:
- Hearing loss and dementia help sheet published by Dementia Australia
- Dementia Australia has published a collection of help sheets regarding dementia. You may be interested to view the collection here.
- Communication health and aging brochure published by Speech-Language & Audiology Canada (SAC)
- Age-related hearing loss and noise-induced hearing loss fact sheets published by the US National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Lewy body dementia free publication published by the NIH
- “Getting to Know Your School’s Speech-Language Pathologist” produced by American Speech and Hearing Association: https://youtu.be/bQrzeZGlXbo
Language Activities for Kids
Playdough activities from the website https://www.twinkl.ca/